Access is the service name of the ADA Complementary Paratransit service for functionally disabled individuals in Los Angeles County. Access transportation service is available for any ADA paratransit eligible individual to any location within ¾ of a mile of any fixed bus operated by the Los Angeles County public fixed route bus operators and within ¾ of a mile around METRO Rail stations during the hours that the systems are operational. Complementary paratransit service is not required to complement commuter rail and commuter bus services, since the ADA does not require that these services provide complementary paratransit service. The service area is divided into service areas and extends into portions of the surrounding counties of San Bernardino, Orange and Ventura that are served by Los Angeles County Fixed-route bus lines.
- Access is a curb-to-curb shared-ride service.
- Several riders will be transported at one time in the same vehicle.
- It is not cab service, emergency medical or social service transportation, and is not door-to-door or a private transportation service.
- Access provides service within ¾ mile of fixed-route bus and rail line in Los Angeles County.
- Access operates on the same schedule as most buses. Regular service is offered from 4:00 AM to 12:00 AM, 7 DAYS A WEEK. Limited service is available from 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM.
- As a shared ride service your travel time will be similar to that of a fixed-route bus, not a car or taxi.
- Your one-way fare is based on the distance you travel with a maximum fare of $3.50 (except to/from and in Antelope and Santa Clarita Valleys).
- IMPORTANT: Access may not be able to transport a wheelchair or mobility device larger than 30” wide and 48” long and weighing more than 600 lbs when occupied.