- Skip Navigation

Access Services
Access Services

How to File a Complaint:

As soon as possible after the event happened, write down all the information we will need to investigate your complaint: 

  • Your Access Rider ID Number
  • Your full name, street address, city, zip code,phone number and email address (if you have one)
  • Name of the person who is filing the complaint (if someone else is speaking on your behalf)
  • Date of the incident
  • Time and place of the incident
  • Name(s) of the people you believe caused the incident
  • Name(s) of any people who witnessed the incident
  • Summary of what happened (If the incident involved a pick-up, include the address, pick-up time you requested, pick-up time you were given and the vehicle arrival time— if it did arrive.)

How to File a Commendation or “Smile”: 

If someone has provided excellent customer service to you, please write down the full name of the person who assisted you and  how they helped you so they can be recognized. You can file your complaint or commendation by phone, email, postal mail or website contact form:

By phone: 



Access Customer Service 
TDD 1.800.827.1359
Customer Service is available Monday  through Friday, 8am to 5pm.

 By email:


By mail: 



Access Customer Service 
PO Box 5728 
El Monte, CA 91734


 By website:


  Visit our site at


How can you prove you scheduled or canceled a ride?

You may ask for a copy of the tape of your original conversation. A nominal fee may apply. For details call Access Customer Service at
1.800.827.0829 (TDD 1.800.827.1359)

What happens after you file a complaint?

Access Customer Service will review and investigate each complaint that is filed. Access Customer Service will analyze all complaints for trends and patterns. Information is reported to operations staff in order to help identify common service problems and develop possible solutions. Complaints are also reported to the Access Board of Directors and the Access Community Advisory Committee (CAC).

In an effort to improve service and utilize resources more efficiently, Access Customer Service will not offer a response to each individual complaint unless a response is specifically requested by the customer.

  • If you did ask for a phone call or letter/email, you will receive either a Status Call or a letter/email within 14 calendar days after you filed your complaint. When we have finished investigating your complaint, we will send you another letter. It will explain our decision and describe any actions we will take to improve the situation. 

See Your Complaint History on the Web: 

If you are a registered Access rider with web access, you can use Rider360. This page of our website will display a list of all the trips you have taken and any complaints you have filed. You can also file a new comment or complaint.

  1. Visit
  2. Enter your Access Rider ID Number and last name when prompted.
  3. Submit your complaint or comment.

For Additional Help: You may contact your local Independent Living Center, the Access Services Board of Directors and/or the Client’s Rights Advocate at your local Regional Center. 

You may also file a complaint with the Federal Transit Administration:
Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights
East Building – 5th Floor, TCR
1 200 New Jersey Ave, SE
Washington, D.C. 20590
Or call toll-free: 1.888.446.4511 


Previous / Next