The Parents with Disabilities program is designed for Access customers who have young children (16 years or younger) and use Access to drop-off and/or pick-up their children from school or school-related activities.
The Parents with Disabilities program is designed to help parents and legal guardians drop off their children on-time at school and to be picked-up after school on-time as well.
Benefits of the Parents with Disabilities program are:
- Trip pick-up times are based on what time a child or parent needs to be at school. This is so your child does not arrive late to school (or the parent arrive late for picking up a child after school).
- Linked trips give you the freedom to drop off or pick up your child at school, and afterwards you may remain on the vehicle and go to your next destination without having to transfer to another vehicle.
- Shortened wait times between trips. If a parent needs to escort their child into the school or needs to stay at the site a little longer, the parent may schedule two separate trips with as little as 30 minutes between the scheduled drop-off and the next pick-up time.
- Same Day Trips. A customer may make up to four (4) one way same day trips in a month. These are for minor school-related emergencies, such as if a school nurse calls the parent to inform them their child is feeling ill at school and just needs to go home and rest. Same Day trips are available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Reduced fare of $2.00 one way.
- Trips are for school and school-related activities. Trips for this program are designed to help parents take their children to school and school-related activities, such as after-school programs.
- Trips are offered from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Sunday (trips are to be completed by 9 p.m.)
There are some requirements to participate in this program.
For questions about this program, please call Access Services at (213) 270-6000 and ask to speak with Eric Haack.
Once completed, please return completed applications to Access in any of the following methods:
Parents with Disabilities Program
P.O. Box 5728
El Monte, CA 91734-1728
213 270 6055
Please address fax title page to “Parents with Disabilities Program, Eric Haack”