Travel training is one-on-one individualized training that gives people with disabilities the skills required to travel safely on fixed-route public transportation. This training is a free service for individuals who have gone through the Access Services eligibility process. Access Services provides the Travel Training program to enhance independence through greater mobility options for all of the Access riders. Participation in Travel Training will not have any effect on your eligibility status.
Travel Training will provide you with essential travel skills, such as:
- Reading a bus/train schedule
- Paying your fare
- Boarding and exiting a bus/train
- Making a transfer
- Knowing how to signal the driver/conductor to stop or for assistance
- Securing a wheelchair or other mobility device
- Making judgments about safety and danger
- Managing basic life skills
- Knowing how to handle travel disruptions
- Using appropriate social and communication skills
Mobility Management Partners (MMP) is the Travel Training contractor for Access Services. Founded in 1991, MMP has extended travel training services to persons with disabilities throughout the state of California since 1994.
If you are interested in Travel Training, please fill out this application. You can save the file and email, fax or mail in the application to Mobility Management Partners. The contact information is located at the bottom of the application.
For more information, please call 1.888.667.7003 or e-mail them at email@example.com>.